For your safety and enjoyment
please observe the following rules of the trails:
- Do not wander off the trails; you have
permission to ride the marked trails only
- Do not damage any trees, shrubs, etc
- Do not disturb wildlife or any livestock
- Trash in - Trash out. You are
responsible for your own garbage
- Be careful when crossing roadways and
cross only at 90 degrees
- Remember that lakes are never completely
safe due to river channels and springs erroding the
ice away from the underside
- Carry a compass when out in the woods or
- Remember, all snowmobilers are judged by
the actions of a few; please do not cause any
disturbances or damage any property
- Where trails follow public roads, obey all
traffic laws and regulations, such as keep to the
right, dim lights, etc.
- Snowmobiles are prohibited from operating
on certain public streets in many towns; when in these
areas watch for marked streets or check with city
officials. See city-specific ordinances by
viewing our Links page.
85.018. Subd. 5.
Snowmobile Trail Use
From December 1 to April 1 in any year, no use of a
motorized vehicle other than a snowmobile, unless
authorized by permit, lease or easement shall be
permitted on a trail designated for use by snowmobiles.
This is a Grants-in-Aid Trail System funded
by the Department of
Natural Resources (DNR).
The DNR does not endorse any advertisers on this site.
No reproduction in whole or in part without written
permission from Northwest Trails Association.
Ordinances and Local Rules
Additional municipal rules, restrictions and
ordinances may be found on our Links