|General Membership Meeting
September 6, 2005
Secretary’s Report - Rocky Johnson
Treasurer’s Report - Mike Christenson
- August minutes approved; filed for future audit.
Director-at-Large - Jerry Hanson
- August report approved; filed for future audit.
Trail Coordinator - Steve Hohag
- Reminder: Trail pass is necessary this season; see MnUSA Report below.
- Grant Application: Grant application submitted to our sponsor (City of Corcoran) for sign off for 2005-06 season.
- Trail Signs: Additional trail marker signs on order and will be available at the shed prior to trail marking.
- Logo Apparel:
Logo has been digitized and catalog of apparel available through Rob
Bell. Suggestion again that we fund club shirts for Safety
Training; Safety Committee to get estimate on what quantity would be
necessary and return to October meeting with data.
- Annual Membership Renewal & Invoicing: Letter and invoice approved; Rocky to email Mike Johnston the membership listing for mailing.
- Map Status:
Letter to go out to advertisers that map will be in circulation for
another season; Rob Bell to draft letter for mailing to notify and
contact Mustang (map printer) to advise.
- Upcoming industry events: Hay
Days scheduled for September 10-11th. Swap Meet volunteers needed
for mid-November Snow Show; contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
- Upcoming dealer events: None.
- Trail Maintenance & Planning: Trail Captains will meet after October General Membership Meeting to discuss coordination of brushing.
- Hanover Bridge: Mike
Christensen will contact St. Michael Club to determine dates and number
of volunteers necessary to complete bridge readiness for season.
New Business, cont'd.
MnUSA - http://www.mnsnowmobiler.org
- Trail Issues: A number of
trails are potential issues, most will not be discovered until late
fall. Note the following: Elm Creek Park: losing south entrance due
to 610 Freeway reroute construction; Three Rivers Park has agreed to
pay for signage within park to advise of trail closure. NE Corner of
French Lake: new development (dependent on construction timelines) may
prevent trail passage; will know more late fall. Cty Rd 144: question
regarding safety of trail, looking at alternate routes. Laura Lake
Loop: need new Trail Captain for this particular trail; if interested
contact Steve Hohag. Larkin/Horseshoe: new development (dependent on
construction timelines) may prevent trail passage; will know more late
fall. Hwy 55 West from Plymouth: question regarding safety of trail,
looking at alternate routes.
- Target Mailing: Motion
passed to target mailing to residents with currently licensed
snowmobiles in Western Hennepin County to solicit assistance with
regard to opening up trail possibilities; cost not to exceed $875; Joel
Johnson to draft letter and get mailing list.
- New trail pass legislation passed:
$15/year or $30/3 years when you register a new snowmobile; everyone
that uses trail systems needs to have this pass; fees collected under
this program will be credited to the snowmobile trails and enforcement
account and must be used for grants-in-aid, trail maintenance,
grooming, and easement acquisition.
- Grant Program to be rewritten in 2006; stay tuned.
Adjournment: 8:57 p.m.
- Map: None
- Safety Committee:
Rogers Youth Safety Training scheduled for Dec 4th and 11th; and
Corcoran Youth Safety Training scheduled for Dec 1st, 6th and 8th with
combined outdoor practical at Corcoran City Hall Dec 17th. Jerry
Hanson to contact Polaris to inquire as to availability of sleds for
- Tuesday, October 4, Medina Ballroom
- Board Meeting, 6:00 pm
- Happy Hour, 7:00 pm
- General Meeting, 7:30 pm
address so that we can communicate more efficiently!
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com
to let us know
your address. Thank you!!