|General Membership Meeting
January 4, 2005
Secretary’s Report - Rocky Johnson
Treasurer’s Report - Mike Christenson
- December minutes approved; filed for future audit.
Director-at-Large - Jerry Hanson
- December report approved; filed for future audit.
Trail Coordinator - Steve Hohag
- All trails open and groomer ready for snow!
- More 2x2’s received and at the shed.
- Submitting grant paperwork to City of Corcoran for signoff (Trail Certification and Landowner Certification).
- One trail complaint received; not a trail issue but a neighboring landowner issue; resolved between landowners.
- Map Status:
All map boxes have been filled/distributed; Rob Bell collecting
locations of each. Suggestion was made to add NW Trails Club
Membership Applications to map or insert into map boxes; will consider
for next years map printing and/or insert into distribution.
- Hanover Bridge:
Complete. NW Trails contributed $500 towards materials; St.
Michael and Albertville Clubs donated the labor. Bridge covering
will need to come up in the spring and will contribute labor to that
endeavor if solicited.
- NW Trails Logo Apparel:
Original estimate of $80 for set up was incorrect, true cost is $150
(logo required more stitching than originally estimated). Rob
Bell to contact a few other printing establishments to get competitive
bids. Motion passed to spend up to $150 to get set up done.
Update at next meeting.
- Winter NWT Events:
Mark your calendars! NWT Trailside Picnics January 22nd and
February 19th; see new map for details. Will contact South end
Trail Captains to coordinate Trailside Picnics for January event; and
will have more details of February event at February General Membership
Meeting. Snowmobile Softball Game discussion tabled until we have
New Business, cont'd
MnUSA - http://www.mnsnowmobiler.org
- Club Fun: Don’t forget … NW Trails Members are getting together for dinner at the Millside, January 12, 7:00 pm.
- County Road 81 Highway Realignment Project:
Estimated to start spring 2005 and take approximately three (3) years
to complete; will affect our trail along County Road 81 and Elm Creek
Park access; Craig Wissink scheduled to meet with Maple Grove City
Traffic Engineer to begin discussions on alternate routes.
MnUSA Upcoming Events
- Legislative session opened … stay tuned!
- Feb 11-13 MnUSA Governor’s Ride & Rendezvous, Ruttger’s Sugar Lake Lodge, Grand Rapids
- July 8-10 MnUSA Summer Campout, Cannon Falls
Adjournment: 8:39 p.m.
- Map: See Map Status under Old Business.
- Safety: Safety Committee meets Wednesday, January 19th, 6:30 pm,
at Mike Johnston’s in Champlin to discuss coordinating efforts for next
years’ youth training (Rogers, Corcoran, Maple Grove, and possibly
Brooklyn Park). Review of dates for classroom and over-the-snow,
- Tuesday, February 1, Medina Ballroom
- Board Meeting, 6:00 pm
- Happy Hour, 7:00 pm
- General Meeting, 7:30 pm
address so that we can communicate more efficiently!
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com
to let us know
your address. Thank you!!