|General Membership Meeting
August 2, 2005
Secretary’s Report - Rocky Johnson
Treasurer’s Report - Rob Bell (for Mike Christenson)
- June minutes approved; filed for future audit.
Director-at-Large - Jerry Hanson
- May, June, and July reports approved; filed for future audit.
Trail Coordinator - Steve Hohag
- Received final grant check for 2004-5 season; preparing to submit application for 2005-6 season with current trail system
- Trail Issues:
Several development issues facing us this year; most prominent is Cty
Rd 81, French Lake, Rogers. Requesting all Trail Coordinators attend
September meeting to discuss these issues and setting date for brush
- Work Night: May 11 was a success; cleaned shed and bundled signs for new season; thanks to all of you whom participated.
- Logo Apparel:
Getting logo digitized; suggestion that we fund club shirts for Safety
Training Personnel (to be discussed at September meeting)
- Club Shed:
City of Brooklyn Park requested usage of small amount of space in the
Club Shed for a short duration of time; it was agreed to allow them
- Map Status: Over ½ of the
maps ordered for 2004-5 season are still remaining in shed; decision
was made to not reprint maps for 2005-6 season; Rob Bell to contact
Mustang Printing to advise; Rob Bell to draft letter sent to
advertisers thanking them for their sponsorship and they receive
another year of advertising at no additional cost.
- Dealer Packets: Due to interest/lack of follow up, program was not successful; discontinuing for this season.
- Annual Membership Renewal: Mike Johnston to handle annual membership renewal for this season; Rocky Johnson to email letter, invoice and list.
New Business, cont'd.
MnUSA - http://www.mnsnowmobiler.org
- Upcoming industry events: Haydays coming up, anyone interested in raffle tickets or volunteering please advise.
- Landowner Gift Certificates:
Motion made and accepted to continue same program for 2005-6 season;
Rocky to contact vendors to ensure they still want to participate;
letter and certificate to be revised. Target date for mailing
- New Signs:
Six (6) new signs were ordered that say “This Trail is maintained by NW
Trails”; should have in time for fall brush cutting/trail marking.
- Events: Need MnUSA booth workers for MN State Fair; contact Nancy Hanson if interested.
- New trail pass legislation passed: $15/year or $30/3 years when you register a new snowmobile; everyone that uses trail systems needs to have this pass!
- Hazard Light Bill passed: If you have a hazard light on your sled you may qualify for a deduction on insurance.
Adjournment: 8:54 p.m.
- Map: None
- Safety Committee:
Determined we will continue two (2) Youth Safety Trainings this season
(Rogers and Corcoran); December 3 & 10th will be combined practical
exam; Jerry Hanson to contact Polaris to inquire as to availability of
sleds for testing.
- Tuesday, September 6, Medina Ballroom
- Board Meeting, 6:00 pm
- Happy Hour, 7:00 pm
- General Meeting, 7:30 pm
address so that we can communicate more efficiently!
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
to let us know
your address. Thank you!!