|General Membership Meeting
April 4, 2005
Secretary’s Report - Rocky Johnson
Treasurer’s Report - Mike Christenson
- March minutes approved; filed for future audit.
Director-at-Large - Jerry Hanson
- March report approved; filed for future audit.
Trail Coordinator - Steve Hohag
- Trails officially closed April 1 … Mike questioned whether they were really ever open :-)
make arrangements to line up ATV’s to start pulling up trail markers;
South side trails almost complete; Cty Rd 81 complete.
- Received first ½ of grant money; deposited.
- Groomer and drag at the shed ready for summer storage.
of trailer purchase for transport of groomer to and from shed, parades
and difficult areas to traverse. No rental opportunities exist
for trailers with combined gross weight over 10K lbs. Estimate of
$7,000 to purchase. Leasing opportunities unknown. Renting
and/or contracting transport appears to be most fiscally responsible
thing to do. Motion made and was passed to contract transport of
groomer for reasonable $ amount per event. Steve Hohag to
contact individuals to discuss rates.
- Request was made to
publish Groomer schedule each season so club members can view.
Will be a discussion point at each meeting and will be published.
- Trail Issues: With a
number of new developments in Rogers, Hassen, Dayton, the south end of
trail system; and Cty Rd 81 construction about to get underway, we
anticipate this upcoming year may require some creativity in keeping
our trails open. We will keep an eye on all the activity.<>Map Status:
If you were responsible for putting a map box in a particular location,
it is your responsibility to pick up. Left over maps should be
brought to the shed to be inventoried; money collected from those map
boxes must go to our Treasurer. Please have this complete by our
May work night.
New Business, cont'd
MnUSA - http://www.mnsnowmobiler.org
- Hanover Bridge Update:
Our club provided monetary assistance to put wood down to cover bridge
in fall, and will need to participate in the removal and safe storage
of those materials. We should be contacted shortly and will need
volunteers at that time. Stay tuned ….
- Groomer Loan: Discussion
to pay off groomer loan; balance is $19,416.47; payments of ~
$160/month for another 18 months; saving of ~$150/month in interest
over 18 months. Motion made and was passed: pay off balance of
groomer in full, in one payment.
- May Work Night: Wednesday, May 11th, at 6:00 pm, at the Shed.
- Articles/By Laws Review: Copies will be made and discussion of this subject will be on the agenda for May meeting.
MnUSA Upcoming Events
- Region 8 is hosting MnUSA Summer Campout, Cannon Falls, July 8-10
- Apr 22-24 MnUSA Spring Meeting, Crookston; if
interested in attending, please contact Nancy Hanson.
Adjournment: 8:58 p.m.
- Map: Unanimous white ballot for the re-election of our current board. Passed.
- Tuesday, May 3, Medina Ballroom
- Board Meeting, 6:00 pm
- Happy Hour, 7:00 pm
- General Meeting, 7:30 pm
address so that we can communicate more efficiently!
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
to let us know
your address. Thank you!!