|General Membership Meeting
May 6, 2008
Secretary’s Report - Paulie Skaja-Bell
Treasurer’s Report - Nancy Hanson
- April minutes approved; filed for future audit.
Director-at-Large - Rob Bell
- Map box income, $-10 from safety training closed account check, $106
groomer parts, three certificates for land owners and sunshine committee
- Balance on hand in checking $13,804
- Owe $36,536 on groomer
- Report approved; file for future audit.
Trail Coordinator - Steve Hohag
- Thank you to everyone that volunteered to hold roles; you will take
office June 1st. Since we won't have a meeting in June or July you will
run the meeting in August.
- Rocky shared information about the Corcoran Comp Plan and that Corcoran
is the NW Trails sponsor; approval to continue sponsorship is on the
agenda for this week.
- Trail markers should all be out and trail captains should get their
time sheets in to Steve. Paperwork has to be turned in in case we are
- Steve has filed for the 2nd and 3rd parts of the grant and will file
for the 4th part once we receive the resolution from Corcoran (almost
$5,000). Our grant next year is almost $48,000 based on 150 miles of
trail. Our GPS miles are 86 miles. Will be reevaluated.
- Nick Meyer from Corcoran was visiting.
- New board introductions: Bob Johnston (Chief Reporter of Meeting
Minutes), Brian MacKenzie (Treasure), Rob Bell (Vice President), Joel
your e-mail address so that we can communicate more efficiently! Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to let
us know your address. Thank you!!
- Fun night scheduled for May 15 at ChooChoo in Loretto.
- Hold June meeting at the club shed for annual clean up night; potluck
on June 3 at 6:00pm.
- Craig raised concerns about a hole in the shed roof; use caution when
determining where to put maps. Consider how to patch roof.
- Discussion regarding another appreciation picnic in August. Rocky
will see if Corcoran park is available Aug 14 and will see if caterer
is available again.
- Rob suggested having groomer in Rockin Rogers Days parade as form
of PR. Actual cost of transportation and $20 parade registration fee.
- Hamel parade is right afterward; recommendation was to keep groomer
at home in nearby area. No rep from chapter was available for comment.
MnUSA - http://www.mnsnowmobiler.org
- Camp out is July 11 - 13 at St Croix Haven.
- MnUSA is seeking input from clubs regarding dues rate increase of
- Update on lawsuits in Washington and Wyoming.
- Membership: No report;
perhaps new board can consider creating a committee.
- Map: Need to begin process
to create new map; last map was 2 year map. Time to send letters to
advertisers in July/August. Need a resource that has good organization
skills to coordinate project. A coordinating meeting was held after
- Safety: Steve was going
to talk to Cabella's about using room for training; Corcoran City Hall
is booked as backup.
Adjournment: 8:30 pm
- Tuesday, May 6 at Medina
- Board Meeting, 6:00 pm; Happy Hour, 7:00 pm; General Meeting, 7:30
- Receive information in your inbox; email us at: email@example.com.