March 2, 2008
Secretary’s Report - Paulie Skaja-Bell
Treasurer’s Report - Nancy Hanson
- February minutes approved; filed for future audit.
Director-at-Large - Rob Bell
- One new member this month.
- $240 income from safety training
- Expenses: Groomer drag parts, insurance increase due to new
- Report approved; file for future audit.
Trail Coordinator - Steve Hohag
- NWT club elections coming in April. Need volunteers
for board positions since each board member has fulfilled the allowed
2-year maximum so each person needs to move on this year. Nominations
will be taken at the March meeting.
- DNR has GPS trail mapping completed. Bob Johnston to
meet with them to review the routing.
- Next year’s grant application has been signed by Corcoran
- Groomer has been out a couple time in February.
Conditions are pretty much over at this point though.
- Trails situation is still what it was in Hassan; follow-up
will occur over summer.
- Question on whether we can find a way to create more trails
in western end of county. Would be nice to link to Wright County
in additional locations.
- Club Trip: Make your reservations for Fortune Bay Resort in
Ely March 6 – 9. www.fortunebay.com or call 800.555.1714.
- Trailside picnic on for March was canceled; if snow falls
in upcoming weeks we can hold one, otherwise not until next year.
your e-mail address so that we can communicate more efficiently! Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to let
us know your address. Thank you!!
- March Fun Night at Dehn’s in Dayton on 3/13 at 7pm.
- Elections for board positions will be held in April.
- Idea put forth to create fund to be used when it is
appropriate to send NWT members & families flowers or cards
(deaths, illnesses, etc.). Motion passed to allocate $500 into
‘sunshine’ fund and have small committee manage the fund & process
of sending the card/flowers. Shirlie Johnston and Lynn Liedman
volunteered to make up the committee. Fund to be reviewed &
replenished by future motion(s) on an as-needed basis.
MnUSA - http://www.mnsnowmobiler.org
- Manufacturer’s sneak-peak March 12th 4-9pm at Minneapolis
Convention Center. Free admission. All four will be there.
- MnUSA April meeting at Lodge at Brainerd Lakes 4/25-27.
- Major legislative issues right now with several attempts to
grab snowmobilers’ unrefunded gasoline tax. This affects ATVs,
boats, off-road vehicles, etc. Need to contact your legislators
to let them know you do not approve of MRR’s tactics to eliminate
all motorized recreation in MN. Losing the unrefunded gasoline
tax would be a disaster to the MN Grant-in-Aid trail system.
- MnUSA has $2000 available for scholarships for students
attending higher education. Call their office to find out how to
- No clubs present
- Membership: No
- Map: No report.
- Rocky will book Corcoran city hall for Corcoran and
Rogers dates (as one location option). - DNR exploring
possibility for course that is partially based on
at-home DVD instruction so that on-site course is reduced to one
day. Instructors present were skeptical of practicality.
- Steve reports Cabelas may be a possible location for Rogers youth
classes next winter. Options will continue to be explored.
Adjournment: 8:25 pm
- Tuesday, April 1 at Medina
- Board Meeting, 6:00 pm; Happy Hour, 7:00 pm; General
Meeting, 7:30 pm
- Receive information in your inbox; email us at:
email@example.com. Thank you!