|General Membership Meeting
January 8, 2008
Secretary’s Report - Paulie Skaja-Bell
Treasurer’s Report - Nancy Hanson
- December minutes approved; filed for future audit.
Director-at-Large - Rob Bell
- Income DNR Grant $19,380; MnUSA membership $80; NWT membership $135;
safety training $430: $20, 025.
- Groomer rparts/repairs $3,525; interest $177; landowner appreciation
$$60; MnUSA $80; postage $12; safety training $398; signs $16; trail
supplies $1,710; workers comp $300: $6373
- Checking/savings balance $13,651.26
- Report approved; file for future audit.
Trail Coordinator - Steve Hohag
- Have received some complaints from landowners; they are being handled.
- Groomer was dunked, got out.
- Portion of trail was closed because it was on the wrong side of the
property; has been temporarily rerouted south along Tilton Trail; landowner
has signed permit so riders can get to Cty117 to get back to Trail Haven.
Thanks to Mike for helping redirect riders! Mike suggested marking changes
better in the future: yellow tape, larger signs, brighter marking. Everyone
was willing to change and understanding. Talking to landowner to see
if we can create a better option.
- Met with Hassan Town Board on Jan 7; new ordinance that prohibits
motorized vehicles on their land; may loose access to current route
for next year (hoping to keep trail on Becktold this year). Board may
bend ordinance for snowmobiles; waiting for response.
- Spoke with landowner who has land that backs up to Hassan land; awaiting
response from Hassan Park Board. Expanding search.
- Portions of Hamel and Loretto trail need brushing. Power line by RR
hanging about eye-level needs to be taken care of running by Hwy 55
across from Medina.
- Discussion regarding Baker Park; trail ends at Hwy 12.
- Club Trip: Make your reservations for Fortune Bay Resort in Ely March
6 - 9. www.fortunebay.com or call 800.555.1714; few rooms left.
- Cable 12 held a snowmobile special some of the NWT members participated
in; Craig has a copy of the show; it was televised in December. Shots
of members riding the trail. Add to the web site as streaming video.
- Try to find KARE 11 video of Bob's interview and add to web site as
- New graphics for the groomer being created by same provider as before;
will be completed quickly
- January Fun Night at Millside on Jan 17 at 7pm.
- Trail side picnic planned for January 26 at the North T; menu planned;
no picnic if there is not enough snow.
- January 26 Fun Run ride up north.
- Groomer equipment demo will be held Feb 29 at 6pm and March 1 from
9am - 4pm at Wendigo Lodge & Golf in Grand Rapids. 218.327.2211
MnUSA - http://www.mnsnowmobiler.org
- "Rendezvous second weekend in February at Craguns. Governor ride
Feb 8 - 10; Gov most likely ride on Friday.
- Mailing about clubs went out Nov/Dec promotional.
- New pipeline up north may disrupt trails.
- Hamel update: training this
week; brushing this weekend; club trip next weekend.
- Brooklyn Park Sno Patrol: successful training with 46 kids.
- Membership: No report.
- Map: Check your map boxes
and keep them stocked.
- Safety: Safety trainings
have been held; they went well. Rogers 43 kids; Corcoran 33 kids; Hamel
27 kids; Brooklyn Park 46 kids; Loretto also held training.
Adjournment: 8:34 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 5 at Medina
- Board Meeting, 6:00 pm; Happy Hour, 7:00 pm; General Meeting, 7:30
We need your e-mail
address so that we can communicate more efficiently!
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com
to let us know your address. Thank you!!