|General Membership Meeting
February 5, 2008
Secretary’s Report - Paulie Skaja-Bell
Treasurer’s Report - Nancy Hanson
- January minutes approved; filed for future audit.
Director-at-Large - Rob Bell
- Income: Map Box $56, MnUSA Region Swap $127; Total Income $183.
- Expenses: Groomer gas/oil $1510; parts & repair $321; Landowner
Appreciation $49; Total Expenses: $1913.
- Checking/savings balance $17,944.92
- Groomer payment $961/month
- Report approved; file for future audit.
Trail Coordinator - Steve Hohag
- Rogers Community Room will cost $200 per day plus additional costs.
Discussion regarding options. Safety committee will meet to determine
- Each board member has fulfilled the allowed 2-year maximum so each
person needs to move on this year. Nominations will be taken at the
- Trails situation is still what it was in Hassan; follow-up required.
- Minor re-route, not a permanent fix. Will work with the board.
- Discussion about a story in Savage and the impact the paper can have.
- Change to caution sign follow-up; nothing down yet. Discussion about
changes for next year.
- Corcoran Park and Trails wants to establish protocol for communication
with club for when new person buys land where trail runs to help keep
- DNR out monitoring trails; everything well brushed, well marked, bridges
good - got an A.
- Club Trip: Make your reservations for Fortune Bay Resort in Ely March
6 - 9. www.fortunebay.com or call 800.555.1714.
- Trailside picnic on Jan 26 was canceled; if snow falls prior to a
Saturday pull people together and get the stuff on the trail.
- February Fun Night at River Inn in Hanover on Feb 21 at 7pm.
- Elections will be held in April.
- New graphics have been applied to the groomer, mounted an old truck
toolbox to drag to store saw and other items.
- Track would like to use our groomer at a DNR show in Grand Rapids
the end of Feb; on display with Bob as a chaperone; 10 - 12 hours of
usage; if arranged need loaner to use; Track will cover insurance and
- Request for pictures that can be posted to web site
MnUSA - http://www.mnsnowmobiler.org
- Rendezvous second weekend in February at Craguns. Feb 8 - 10; Governor
most likely ride on Friday.
- DNR GPS update; DNR wants to buy land on Lake Vermillion.
- MRR is trying to take away gas tax for motorized recreation. Legislative
session will be busy.
- Hamel Kids Safety for 20 kids
was held on 8, 10 and 12th at fire barn. Club trip was at Sandy Point;
30 below; 36 sleds; had scavenger hunt; a lot of fun. Brushed Patnode
- Membership: No report.
- Map: Plenty at the shed,
enough to make it through this year; planned well. Make sure to fill
boxes, empty money.
- Safety: No report.
Adjournment: 8:22 pm
- Tuesday, March 4 at Medina
- Board Meeting, 6:00pm; Happy Hour, 7:00pm; General Meeting, 7:30pm
We need your e-mail
address so that we can communicate more efficiently!
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com
to let us know your address. Thank you!!