|General Membership Meeting
September 6, 2006 - Call to order: 7:36 pm
Secretary’s Report - Paulie Skaja-Bell
Treasurer’s Report - Nancy Hanson
- August minutes corrected & approved; filed for future audit.
Director-at-Large - Rob Bell
- August report approved; filed for future audit.
Trail Coordinator - Steve Hohag
- Article in local papers to
promote organization & training.
- The 2006/2007 grant award will be $31,872; pay in January.
~Trail update; may not have trail west of 116; need work around.
~Craig requested insurance copies for Maple Grove & land owner.
- Land owner gift certificates mailed - Thanks Mike!
- M/S/P to trade existing groomer for '05; discussion concluded new
groomer has same features as current groomer; Nancy will research best
rate (Hamel offered 10.25%)
'05 cost $114,900 - trade $60,000 = total $54,900
- M/S/P $20k down & finance remaining amount; discussed using portion
of grant in January to pay down; early payoff
- NW Trails wear; Rob stated only a couple of members wanted product;
not practical; artwork is available if members would like to pursue
- Dinner at 7pm on Sept 13 at Hilltop; 7pm on Oct 11 at Choo Choo
- Request for members to monitor club voicemail on rotating schedule;
Rob will distribute list & instructions
- Membership renewals: invoices will be mailed with minutes; Nancy will
- Groomer trainingSaturday, December 2 at Butch's after Safety Training;
totally different machine; participation strongly encouraged; sign up
MnUSA - http://www.mnsnowmobiler.org
- Nancy requested feedback from
members regarding the rate structure for the grant program; contact
Nancy to participate
- 200 gift certificates from Sno-Barrens given out as of 8/31/06
at State Fair; new membership count still pending
- Region 8 Swap Meet is scheduled for second weekend in November;
volunteers can sign up at October meeting
- Fall seminar is being held in Duluth; Nancy distributed info
- Instructor classes are posted on DNR web site
- Rendezvous will be weekend of February 9th.
- Discussion about Loretto's
club status; Nancy will follow up
Adjournment: 8:56 p.m.
- Membership: No formal committee; Paulie will invite newest
membership to dinner & confirm areas for involvement
- Map: Invoices & letters sent to past & prospective
advertisers; list passed around for follow-up volunteers; new businesses
to approach should be given to Rob; follow-up calls within one week;
printing 12,000 maps with Mustang; Rob will send weekly updates
- Safety: Snowmobile Safety Training in Rogers December 2nd and
9th with "over the snow" test on December 9th; Rocky will
provide Corcoran dates, Bob will forward Hamel dates, Loretto dates
will be posted to web site when available; dates will be posted on MnUSA
and other sites.
- Tuesday, October 3 at Medina Ballroom
- Board Meeting, 6:00 pm
- Happy Hour, 7:00 pm
- General Meeting, 7:30 pm
We need your e-mail address so that
we can communicate more efficiently! Please
send an e-mail to email@example.com
to let us know your address. Thank you!!