|General Membership Meeting
October 4, 2006 - Call to order: 7:38 pm
Secretary’s Report - Paulie Skaja-Bell
Treasurer’s Report - Nancy Hanson
- September minutes corrected & approved; filed for future audit.
Director-at-Large - Rob Bell
- September report approved; filed for future audit.
Trail Coordinator - Steve Hohag
- Three Rivers is going through the approval process at their October
meeting; stated we will continue to groom Baker Park; Elm Creek needs
a trim (Steve will coordinate).
- Craig followed up with Hennepin County; at this time there is
no change in Hwy 81 route.
- Landowner certificates received last week in September; Loretto
- Will have trail issues until December 1st; concerns about printing
map because trail info could be outdated; always a concern; print as
late as possible; trail review will be November and info will be provided
- M/S/P motion to proceed with financing at Hamel Farmer's Bank at 9.25%
for four years for $38,468.50 ($114,900 cost, $60,000 trade, $3,568.50
tax, $20,000 on Nov 17 when CD matures); more can be applied at the
end of the season; no penalty for early payoff.
- Groomer training Saturday, December 2nd at 2:30pm at Butch's;
strongly encouraged if plan on driving groomer.
- Blind mailing to targeted areas (registered snowmobilers); attracted
about 12 - 14 new members; finding was there is not much sympathy in
the public regarding trail issues
- Dinner at 7pm on Oct 11 at Choo Choo; at 7pm on November 15th at Dehn's
- Discussion regarding PR; interview or simple article about organization;
Paulie will forward safety training info to Star News and Crow River;
also coordinate additional article with pictures.
- Club trip in late February/early March; North Shore location with
10 - 15 room block; around $100/night; easy trail access; Rocky will
MnUSA - http://www.mnsnowmobiler.org
- VoteMN change to constitution
should not impact funding; details regarding candidate opinions on MnUSA
- Nancy discussed feedback received by members regarding the rate
structure for the grant program; includes GPS of trails; if NW Trail
goes down to 100 miles grant amount will reduce; outcome will be presented
at fall workshop in Duluth.
- Region 8 Swap Meet is scheduled for second weekend in November;
volunteers can sign up to work Thursday setup or show Friday, Saturday
and/or Sunday; Nancy is waiting for discount tickets, but has not seen
- MnUSA will be working on strategic plan.
- Raffle calendar will be available next month.
- Couple of new law suits filed by Sierra Club because they do
not approve of trails; more to follow.
- Fundraiser to help Hamel Lions
build a refreshment stand; 50 - 100 mile "fun run" providing
there is snow; more info to come.
- Brooklyn Park is looking for donated fan-cooled sleds; Polaris
no longer an option; have received one sled; store at members' homes;
use personal sleds for training; liability falls to DNR as long as they
are not used on trail
Adjournment: 8:48 p.m.
- Membership: membership dues are due now; pay Nancy.
- Map: have about 25 advertisers that have paid; 5 more have said
they will purchase ad; need 65 ads; meet after meeting to update; need
to approach new businesses too; once payment is received Mustang will
- Safety: Snowmobile Safety Training dates in Rogers and Corcoran
have been set; $10 per student; registration forms MUST be completed;
information to be forwarded to newspapers and posted on MnUSA, city
and NW Trails web sites; Norm has received 27 registrations through
- Tuesday, November 7 at Medina Ballroom
- Board Meeting, 6:00 pm
- Happy Hour, 7:00 pm
- General Meeting, 7:30 pm
We need your e-mail address so that
we can communicate more efficiently! Please
send an e-mail to email@example.com
to let us know your address. Thank you!!