|General Membership Meeting
October 4, 2005
Secretary’s Report - Rocky Johnson
Treasurer’s Report - Mike Christenson
- September minutes approved; filed for future audit.
Director-at-Large - Jerry Hanson
- September report approved; filed for future audit.
Trail Coordinator - Steve Hohag
NWTrails is always looking for good candidates for various positions
within the club’s board. If interested, please contact Jerry
- Trail Maintenance: See Trail Maintenance under New Business.
- Logo Apparel:
Motion passed to purchase shirts for NW Trails Youth Snowmobile Safety
Training Instructors, not to exceed 20 shirts at an approximate
purchase cost of $25-$27 each. Those club members wanting to
purchase logo-wear should see Rob Bell at next Membership Meeting to
view catalogs and place order.
- Annual Membership Renewal & Invoicing: Mailing staged to be assembled/mailed this week.
- Club Mailings:
Map Advertiser mailing complete. Landowner Appreciation mailing
staged and pending (one) 1 vendor. Landowner Certificates will be
available by October 15th by contacting Rocky Johnson @
firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-494-8381.
- Upcoming industry events: Asphalt Shootout Races – Brainerd, Oct 22nd; rain day Oct 23rd.
- Membership Drive:
Discussed promotion mailing to area snowmobile owners; target ~ 2400
sled owners in NW Hennepin County. Note, motion passed at last
months meeting: cost not to exceed $875; Joel Johnson to draft
letter and get mailing list.
- Map Distribution:
Rob Bell to email those that are responsible for map & map box
distribution/maintenance this season. Plan on late November
New Business, cont'd.
MnUSA - http://www.mnsnowmobiler.org
- Trail Maintenance: Captains:
check your trails and identify areas that are in need of brushing or
have downed trees; Steve Hohag to contact Polaris to obtain ATV’s.
Brushing Date set for: Nov 5th. Still a number of potential landowner
- Safety Training Article:
Article to be submitted to Crow River News regarding upcoming Youth
Snowmobiling Safety Training registrations; Joel Johnson to submit for
Rogers, Loretto and Corcoran.
- Website Renewal: Website renewal coming due, club pays ~ $120/year; Rob Bell to check into other services at better rate.
- Mpls/STP Snowshow:
Mpls Convention Center, Nov 11-13; contact Nancy Hanson at 763-577-0185
if interested in volunteering for Snowshow booth duty or swap meet
(free admission for volunteers).
- MnUSA Fall Workshop: Oct 21, 22 & 23 at the Mermaid; see website for details.
- MnUSA Calendars: Will be selling calendars again this season; Nancy will bring to next Membership Meeting
- Hamel Snowrunners Swapmeet: Oct 29th at Brewstews, Maple Plain, 9 am – 3 pm.
Adjournment: 8:44 p.m.
- Map: None
- Safety Committee:
Rogers Youth Safety Training scheduled for Dec 4th and 11th; and
Corcoran Youth Safety Training scheduled for Dec 1st, 6th and 8th with
combined outdoor practical at Corcoran City Hall Dec 17th. Jerry
Hanson to contact Polaris to inquire as to availability of sleds for
- Tuesday, November 1, Medina Ballroom
- Board Meeting, 6:00 pm
- Happy Hour, 7:00 pm
- General Meeting, 7:30 pm
address so that we can communicate more efficiently!
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com
to let us know
your address. Thank you!!