|General Membership Meeting
January 2, 2007
Secretary’s Report - Paulie Skaja-Bell
Treasurer’s Report - Nancy Hanson
- December minutes approved; filed for future audit.
Director-at-Large - Rob Bell
- $375 map ads came in this month. 5 or 6 have not paid.
- $1885 total income including dues and safety training.
- Groomer liability insurance has gone up about $2000 from last year;
Steve looking into this.
- Total expenses $6936.67
Trail Coordinator - Steve Hohag
- Received info on hotels and resorts; shared options.
- Will look into the insurance cost.
- Lake Rebecca trail is closed leading into the park this season; will
talk to Wright Cty about next year.
- Trails are in and marked.
- Grant was submitted in December for $12700. Believe calls from land
owners helped and Rob's presence at Planning Commission meeting.
- Butch would like groomer to go out without the drag at this time and
areas to drive will be restricted; swamp/bridge discussion, but no action.
- Loretto trail in question is not a snowmobile trail; no snowmobiling
signs put up by farmer.
- Received letter stating no use of bridge over Hwy 169.
- Dirt pile is gone from Cty 81; tail is open.
- Reminder about club trip the March 1 - 4. More rooms can be
added, but if not reserved by Feb 1st the rooms will be released.
- Suggestion: have a morning get together to plan a couple of routes;
north and south loops. If you don't want a plan you can do your own
- Trail side picnic February 3rd. Hamel requested assistance passing
out flyers. Steve, Rob, Brian, Rocky and Joel offered to work the picnic.
Discussion regarding supplies and tools needed
- Club Fun Night will be held
at Creekside Tavern in Hanover on Thursday, February 22th starting at
- Discussed local rides, conditions have not been favorable.
- M/S/P donate $8 - $10 to Dick for riding in snow rally; funds can
be donated to a cause that supports snowmobiling
MnUSA - http://www.mnsnowmobiler.org
- Rendezvous is Feb 9 - 11;
Governor tentatively plans on attending ride in Fergus Falls.
- Working with DNR to get more of the trail pass money appropriated
for clubs. Some in NE MN are concerned about getting enough money.
- Many new legislatures this year, trying to figure out what is going
- Federal legislature is going to be interesting as well. Don't believe
there will be enough votes to keep snowmobiles in Yellowstone; don't
know for sure. It is like starting over.
- Info about cookbook; testimonials; $20 each
- 2007 International Snowmobile Congress will be held June 6 - 10 at
the Sheraton Bloomington Hotel. Fishing trips, tours to Artic Cat and
Polaris. Watch for mailings. Registration for members only $185 (non-members
- Hamel “fun run”
on Feb 3rd starting in Hamel providing there is snow.
- Snowmobile safety training discussed.
Adjournment: 8:44 p.m.
- Membership: agenda item
for February meeting.
- Map: Picked up a few
days early. Stored in shed. Anyone who has an advertiser, distribute
them as soon as you can
very late this year. Rob will send list
if you need. If you have 5 or 6 or more, let's divide to get more members
- Safety: One club left;
class on Saturday, January 6th. Trained Rogers 59, BP 40, Corcoran 43,
Hamel 7, Loretto ~20 kids this year. Challenges: weather and kids involved
in other events. Discussion about automating registration process and
how to increase exposure. Creating FAQ for site. Sled overheated during
test; expenses will be determined so Earl can be reimbursed. Discussed
club owning sleds for training. Promote in MnUSA newspaper and minutes.
- Tuesday, February 6, Medina Ballroom
- Board Meeting, 6:00 pm
- Happy Hour, 7:00 pm
- General Meeting, 7:30 pm
address so that we can communicate more efficiently!
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
to let us know
your address. Thank you!!