|General Membership Meeting
December 5, 2006
Secretary’s Report - Paulie Skaja-Bell
Treasurer’s Report - Nancy Hanson
- November minutes approved; filed for future audit.
Director-at-Large - Rob Bell
- December report not provided (Paulie forgot at home), included with minutes for review.
Trail Coordinator - Steve Hohag
- Shared newspaper article in North Crow River, 11/27/06.
- Insurance is being taken care of.
- Most trails have been
retained. Issue with trail on Fletcher and Territorial; attorneys for
land owners concerned about liability; working with MnUSA attorney to
- Someone has marked a trail from Loretto to Baker park; Mike will determine if they are actual snowmobile signs.
- Three copies of Maple Grove ordinance will be notarized and
returned to city of Maple Grove; they will notarize and return a copy.
- Three Rivers Park bridge has been repaired. A letter
requesting the trail be reopened has been sent to Trails & Park
Board. Craig will update.
- Trails surrounding Lake Rebecca are in question; Steve will look into the issue and report in January.
- Jim Bury joined; welcome!
- Groomer training was held; members are ready to groom trails.
- Flyer regarding club trip
was distributed: March 1st – 4th at Fortune Bay Casino & Resort in
Ely, MN. Block of rooms reserved under “Northwest Trails Association;”
call 1.800.992.7529 to make reservations ($71-80 weekday/weekend for
single or double rooms or $98/113 weekday/weekend for two room suites).
- Club Fun Night will be held at MacKenzie’s Pub in Minneapolis on Friday, January 12th starting at 7pm.
- Trailside picnic
will be from noon to 4pm Feb 3rd in coordination with Hamel Fun Run.
Hot dogs, beans, instant hot beverages will be served. Volunteers sign
up at January meeting. Location just outside of Corcoran on 50.
- Discussion about one or two picnics; commit to one and see how the season goes before scheduling another.
New Business, cont'd
MnUSA - http://www.mnsnowmobiler.org
- Discussion of having “Season Kick Off” event at the Medina was held. Planning will take place next fall.
and Jerry attended parks, trails and open space planning meeting in
Dayton to ensure they are aware of the interest in keeping the
snowmobile trails open as they plan future development. Some of the
board members are supportive; looking at multi-use trails; will work
with Tim McNeil. Scott and Jerry will continue to update the group.
- 2007 MnUSA calendars for sale.
- Cookbooks for sale $20.
- Rendezvous second weekend Feb 8 - 11 in Fergus Falls; there will be a silent auction.
- Discussion regarding International Snowmobiling Congress
June 6 – 10th at Sheraton Bloomington Hotel. Iron Dogs (old timers)
will do skits about old time snowmobiling.
- Looking for groomer of the year nominations.
to help Hamel Athletic Club build a refreshment stand; 50 – 100 mile
“fun run” on Feb 3rd starting in Hamel providing there is snow.
- Hamel safety training is Dec 2, 4 and 6 at the Hamel Legion.
- Jan 27 & 28 St Michael Fox Trailers are hold snow cross circuit at Pelican Lake.
Adjournment: 9:22 p.m.
- Membership: Hamel paid dues; Jim joined.
Map has been laid out; will be printed soon (held up due to trail
issues); available early January. Everyone who can help distribute maps
will be asked to get them in place quickly. There will likely be a fee
associated with Doug Franzen’s assistance. M/S/P to give Steve
authority to approve expenses at his discretion.
Rogers first class went well; Mike Johnston stated he will not run
program next year (after 11 years of service); Mike will help train.
Requested a recap from clubs regarding what went well and what can be
improved in the future.
- Tuesday, January 2, Medina Ballroom
- Board Meeting, 6:00 pm
- Happy Hour, 7:00 pm
- General Meeting, 7:30 pm
address so that we can communicate more efficiently!
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com
to let us know
your address. Thank you!!