|General Membership Meeting
August 7, 2007
Secretary’s Report - Paulie Skaja-Bell
Treasurer’s Report - Nancy Hanson
- May minutes approved; filed for future audit.
Director-at-Large - Rob Bell
- Income included grant money and one membership; expenses were membership
appreciation picnic and landowner appreciation certificates
- Checking balance $22,362; owe $17,299 on groomer
- Report approved; file for future audit
Trail Coordinator - Steve Hohag
- Spoke with Beard Group; trails will continue through their land this
- Waiting to hear from Bill Christian re: French Lake - still an issue.
- Randy Hatcher following trail west of Corcoran; develop 40 - 60 acres;
if nothing happens look at plan B, which is what Steve and Randy are
doing; monitoring and will proceed as needed.
- Other changes are questionable; Steve is asking people to contact
trail coordinators as issues are identified.
- Guy west of Cty 116 on trail to Crow Hassan; will contact him in next
couple of months to see if he is serious.
- Section in Rogers where church will be developed will be ok this year;
delay in building.
- Application for grant is in; plan to receive as much as last year.
- Trail coordinators should talk to land owners to identify any unforeseen
- Discussion about Elm Creek access; no resolution; will see if Craig
is willing to follow up.
- The club shed lease goes through 2010.
- Thank you for all the work on the club picnic. Pleased with land owner
turnout; about 70 attended total. Nancy suggested using a dot registration
process that will identify if people are members, land owners, or what
capacity they are attending.
- Scrapbook project: they are being stored at Mike Johnston's home now;
he has ideas for making pictures more accessible and for archiving them.
- Club dinner: August 16 at Creekside at 7:00pm
- Distribution plan for maps; Rob will bring maps and boxes to next
- Season kick off party discussion: objective is PR, membership drive,
sell cookbooks, promote events, etc. Decision to put on hold for further
discussion; members in attendance have too much going on to coordinate.
- Recommendation made to put note in Corcoran newsletter asking if anyone
has land that can be used for snowmobile trail. Free PR. Suggestion
to submit to each local city.
- M/S/P Mail out land owner certificates for 2007-2008. Need by the
October meeting. $15. Six locations. Need to ask restaurants to mark
their location. Mike will be asked to coordinate project.
- International Congress was held in June: Steve reported. Really liked
speakers. Hotel did a good job. Steve felt it was worth the investment.
- M/S/P Donate $196 calendar sales + $304 (total $500) to city of Corcoran
designated for park improvements. Members will present at council meeting.
MnUSA - http://www.mnsnowmobiler.org
- 510 registered for Congress;
about 550 attended in total.
- State Fair volunteers needed.
- Region 8 is hosting Fall Workshop at Kelly Inn in Plymouth; will need
volunteers; Oct 26 - 28.
Adjournment: 8:52 p.m.
- Membership: No report.
- Map: No report.
- Safety: M/S/P Jerry
can purchase up to $800 for two used sleds for safety training. Safety
training info needed in paper and on DNR web site ASAP.
- Tuesday, October 2 at Medina
- Board Meeting, 6:00 pm; Happy Hour, 7:00 pm; General Meeting, 7:30
address so that we can communicate more efficiently!
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com
to let us know
your address. Thank you!!