NWT Logo NWT Banner
Web: www.nwtrails.net           Voice Mail: 952/882-6770                   E-mail: nwtrails@nwtrails.net                 August 2007
General Membership Meeting
August 7, 2007

Secretary’s Report - Paulie Skaja-Bell
  • May minutes approved; filed for future audit.
Treasurer’s Report - Nancy Hanson
  • Income included grant money and one membership; expenses were membership appreciation picnic and landowner appreciation certificates
  • Checking balance $22,362; owe $17,299 on groomer
  • Report approved; file for future audit
Director-at-Large - Rob Bell
  • No report
Trail Coordinator - Steve Hohag
  • Spoke with Beard Group; trails will continue through their land this year.
  • Waiting to hear from Bill Christian re: French Lake - still an issue.
  • Randy Hatcher following trail west of Corcoran; develop 40 - 60 acres; if nothing happens look at plan B, which is what Steve and Randy are doing; monitoring and will proceed as needed.
  • Other changes are questionable; Steve is asking people to contact trail coordinators as issues are identified.
  • Guy west of Cty 116 on trail to Crow Hassan; will contact him in next couple of months to see if he is serious.
  • Section in Rogers where church will be developed will be ok this year; delay in building.
  • Application for grant is in; plan to receive as much as last year.
  • Trail coordinators should talk to land owners to identify any unforeseen issues.
  • Discussion about Elm Creek access; no resolution; will see if Craig is willing to follow up.
  • The club shed lease goes through 2010.

New Members

  • No one present.
Old Business
  • Thank you for all the work on the club picnic. Pleased with land owner turnout; about 70 attended total. Nancy suggested using a dot registration process that will identify if people are members, land owners, or what capacity they are attending.
  • Scrapbook project: they are being stored at Mike Johnston's home now; he has ideas for making pictures more accessible and for archiving them.
  • Club dinner: August 16 at Creekside at 7:00pm

New Business

  • Distribution plan for maps; Rob will bring maps and boxes to next meeting.
  • Season kick off party discussion: objective is PR, membership drive, sell cookbooks, promote events, etc. Decision to put on hold for further discussion; members in attendance have too much going on to coordinate.
  • Recommendation made to put note in Corcoran newsletter asking if anyone has land that can be used for snowmobile trail. Free PR. Suggestion to submit to each local city.
  • M/S/P Mail out land owner certificates for 2007-2008. Need by the October meeting. $15. Six locations. Need to ask restaurants to mark their location. Mike will be asked to coordinate project.
  • International Congress was held in June: Steve reported. Really liked speakers. Hotel did a good job. Steve felt it was worth the investment.
  • M/S/P Donate $196 calendar sales + $304 (total $500) to city of Corcoran designated for park improvements. Members will present at council meeting.

MnUSA - http://www.mnsnowmobiler.org

  • 510 registered for Congress; about 550 attended in total.
  • State Fair volunteers needed.
  • Region 8 is hosting Fall Workshop at Kelly Inn in Plymouth; will need volunteers; Oct 26 - 28.
Club Updates
  • No reports.
Committee Reports
  • Membership:  No report.
  • Map: No report.
  • Safety:  M/S/P Jerry can purchase up to $800 for two used sleds for safety training. Safety training info needed in paper and on DNR web site ASAP.
Adjournment: 8:52 p.m.

Next Meeting
  • Tuesday, October 2 at Medina
  • Board Meeting, 6:00 pm; Happy Hour, 7:00 pm; General Meeting, 7:30 pm

We need your e-mail address so that we can communicate more efficiently!  Please send an e-mail to nwtrails@nwtrails.net to let us know your address.  Thank you!!