|General Membership Meeting
August 1, 2006
Secretary’s Report - Paulie Skaja-Bell
Treasurer’s Report - Nancy Hanson
- May minutes approved; filed for future audit.
Director-at-Large - Rob Bell
- May report approved; filed for future audit.
Trail Coordinator - Steve Hohag
- The 2006/2007 grant application was submitted; expect about $30,000 award.
- Trail captains should review their sections early this year (August)
- Problem areas last year are still problems and there may be more; report issues to Steve
- Information is needed for map planning
- Resolve as much as possible in next 30 to 60 days
- June work night/picnic: Turned into simply a picnic because an anonymous person had already cleaned the club shed. Thank you!
- Landowner Appreciation:
M/S/P - $15 gift certificates for land owners will be given again this
year; Mike Johnston agreed to contact businesses and have copies printed.
<>Groomer Replacement: Bob shared information about upgrading the groomer
- Current groomer 2001 model; considering 2005 model
- Discussion regarding last year’s expenses: totaled about $10,000
- Discussion regarding upcoming infrastructure expenses, (bridges or other equipment): none known
- Discussion regarding trade vs. selling outright: Bob’s opinion,
cost difference would not be significant, however, selling would be
time consuming & difficult
- New vs. used costs:
* New = $130,000
* ’05 costs $114,900 – trade $60,000 = total $54,900
- Nancy will contact bank for loan/payment information
- View the groomer online www.trackinc.com and contact Bob with questions email@example.com
- Vote to purchase the ‘05 groomer via trade at September 5th meeting
New Business, cont'd
MnUSA - http://www.mnsnowmobiler.org
- Map Committee: We MUST print a new map this year. The cost will be between $8,000 and $10,000.
- Printing options include: NW Trails to manage process, Mustang to manage process, create map with no advertising
- M/S/P – map committee has authority to print the map
- Snowmobile Safety Training:
Mike is already getting calls; he agreed to secure details, forward for
the web site, and contact local newspapers for promotion
- Club Web Site: Rob will continue to update the club web site. Thank you!
- Still looking for volunteers to work Hay Days, State Fair, and Rum River Days; contact Nancy for details firstname.lastname@example.org
- Region 8 Boat Ride is scheduled for 8/15/06
- Region 8 Swap Meet is scheduled for second weekend in November
- Nancy requested feedback from members regarding the rate structure for the grant program; contact Nancy to participate
- Fall seminar is being held in Duluth; information will be supplied at the State Fair; Region 8 will host this event next year
Adjournment: 9:22 p.m.
- Membership: What type of activities would members like to participate in?
- Discussed offering a survey to capture ideas
- Recommendation to create a new member program that includes orientation and mentoring
- Map: See info under New Business.
- Safety: See info under New Business.
- Tuesday, September 5, Medina Ballroom
- Board Meeting, 6:00 pm
- Happy Hour, 7:00 pm
- General Meeting, 7:30 pm
address so that we can communicate more efficiently!
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com
to let us know
your address. Thank you!!